You don’t always need to go to a salon to get perfect flowing curls as you can curl your hair with a flat icon yourself at home. It will save some of your pennies as well, right? If so, then here we are going to show you a full tutorial with the help picture and video to curling hair with flat iron. The great this is it will only take a few minutes.
Whether you want to curl medium or long length hair with flat iron, you can follow this guide to wavy hair flat iron. Curling hair with a flat iron isn’t that tough task to do. You just need to practice a little, and you will look like a red carpet lady. Without wasting much time, let me take you to the guide to get best curls with a flat iron.
- 20 Best Updo Hairstyles For Short Hair
- This Hair Color Chart Skin Tone Will Help To Pick The Right Hair Color
- 20 Best Dark/Light Brown Hair with Red Highlights Idea 2018
How To Curl Your Hair With A Flat Iron
Curl Hair With Flat Iron: Picture Preview:
#1: Keep your hair clean and dry
First of all, you should clean your hair completely and dry them to get ready for the curling process. Keep in mind, you cannot curl wet hair.
#2: Apply thermal spray
Before going to start curling hair with a hot flat iron, do not forget to apply a heat protecting or a thermal spray to keep your hair burn-free. While applying it, make sure to comb out any tangles in your hair.
#3: Start from the middle
Time has come to start curling your hair. We suggest you start with mid-length and take a 1-inch section of hair to curl with flat iron. Now in one fluid motion, twist your wrist away from your face, so the hair flows over the iron. You need to make sure that your hair keeps wrapping around the flat iron’s barrel as you push the iron to the ends.
#4: Create a ribbon-like curl
Angle the flat iron down as you twist your hair away from your head to the end.
#5: Use one fluid motion as you twist the iron to the ends to ignore creases.
Make sure to run your fingers through the curls to break them up a bit or you can even use a boar bristle brush for a more uniform finish if you don’t like the separated spiral look. Then, spritz your hair with hairspray and go!
- Wrap as if you were using a curling iron.
- Use less heat for blonde hair and scale up as hair darkens.
- If you’re putting enough heat in with the flatiron by feeling the hair. It should feel warm, which lets you know that the heat is reaching all of the hair.
- You can’t put too much hair in at once, or it’ll be too tough.
- Don’t do the tips of your hair until the end, as they require the least amount of heat to retain the curl.
- If your hair doesn’t curl easily or doesn’t hold a curl, put hairspray on sections immediately before you curl them.
- Be sure to use a non-aerosol working spray for this. Aerosols will create a sticky mess.
- If you want to look like closer to ringlets then keep your sections less than two inches wide.
- Make sure you won’t stick on to one size.
- In the end, you can leave your hair as it is or you can add an additional touch to wrap up the style you want.
Check out this full video tutorial to curl hair with flat iron:
Well, this was a simple guide to curl your hair with flat iron. Hope now you know how to curl hair with flat icon. So, practice it for a couple of time. You will be an expert in curling hair with flat iron. If you need any help regarding the topic, leave your question in a comment!