What is Acid Reflux?
Our stomach is blessed with a muscle called sphincter which has kept the stomach tightly closed and prevented the acid of the belly to ooze out. Had this muscle not been there, the acid from the stomach will reach up to the food pipe which would have got charred by the acid. In ordinary cases, the sphincter closes the stomach as soon the foods have passed through it. However, in some instances, the LES does not function properly; it remains open or opens up too often allowing the acid inside the stomach to seep through it and reach the oesophagus causing damage to its tissues. Prolonged conditions of the acid being expelled from the stomach and going up the throat will cause the problems of acid reflux.
One of the most common symptoms experienced by patients of acid reflux is the known as a hiatal hernia. This is an abnormality of stomach characterised by the movement of LES and the upper portion of stomach above the diaphragm which separates the stomach from the chest. The membrane is responsible for keeping the acid in the stomach. When you have a hiatal hernia, acid from the stomach moves out and reaches oesophagus causing acid reflux.
Symptoms of acid reflux
Look at acid reflux symptoms and take an early treatment to get avoid any serious health problems.
- Weight loss without even trying
- hoarseness in voice
- bloody stools or black stools
- bloody vomiting
- dry coughing
- pregnancy during acid reflux
Take a look at the natural remedies for hiatal hernia treatment:
- Eat more of watermelon: Watermelon has become noted for its beneficial properties in treating various health problems. This has become one of the most popular natural remedies to treat acid reflux. That is quite a cool fruit which imparts reliefs to patients suffering from stomach and skin blues. It is also the best natural medication for acid reflux because of its alkalising effect on the body. The alkalising effect reduces the acidity and balances the pH in the body. Your kidneys and LES will smile in gratification if you consume this cool fruit in the burning summers, by the dent of its watery nature.
- Consume Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is widely used to treat skin as well as for stomach woes. It has a pH level of 5, and when you drink it, you are chances of having heartburn is scale down to a great extent.
- Take Organic Baking Soda: Baking Soda chemically known as sodium bicarbonate does wonder in neutralising the acid of the stomach. Mix a spoonful of Baking Soda in water and drink before the fizz vanishes.
- Eat green vegetables: Eating green vegetables has many health benefits. Green veggies like asparagus, kale, Brussels sprouts, and spinach are alkaline vegetables that will give you relief from acid reflux by neutralising the acidic content.